OPTIONS: Images, Set-up and Rush Fees

I have a need for customized fees. I engrave products and charge a "set-up" fee for each product that is ordered. Is there a way to incorporate this into a product (not all products have this option).

Second, the customer can requested a "rush" on their order (for $25.00) by which they will received expedited engraving. This applies to the entire order, not just one product. Is there a way to have the customer select this at checkout?

Finally, is there a way to show an image in the "options" fields? I would like to be able to show the customer an image of each engraving style and let them select the one they want.

Thank you!

1. Yes, you can add these charges with product options.

2. Yes you can do this with custom order fields.

3. Currently there is no turnkey way to do this. You would need to possible add the images of the different styles in the description though. You can also add them as additional images as well.
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898

Followup question

Regarding the options, I don't think I explained what I am looking for very well. For example, let's say that an engraved product sells for $2.00. A customer orders 25 = $50.00. The setup charge would then be added to the total +15.00 = $40.00. The setup is not added to each item.
    Is there a way to do this with options?

Thanks

I think I understand what you are saying. So it is added to each product order no matter how many of that product are ordered correct?
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898

Options: Images, Set-up and Rush Fees

Chris,

Yes, that is correct. The set-up fee is a one-time fixed fee only that applies to a given product regardless of the quantity ordered, if they want engraving. If the customer DOES NOT want the product engraved, there is no fee (obviously).

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I have a shop that sells personalized products, with some having a setup charge.

Right now our (very much a kludge) work-around is to ask users to add a separate item for 'setup charge' to their order, but you can see how that becomes a problem if they order multiple items that require a setup charge, or forget to add that item to their cart.

Any other suggestions?

Unless the setup fee is per product that may be the only solution. If it is per product you can always do a option on that specific product.
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898

It is per product, but it is only ONCE per product, not once for every qty of product ordered.

e.g. if you order 1 widget for $20 each, there is a $25 setup fee = $45 total
    if you order 10 widgets for $20 each, there is a $25 setup fee = $225 total.

Is this possible, either now or with SS5?