pre-sales: customizing, testing, support

- i would like to use a custom home page layout as the entry to sun shop. within the custom page i would still like to include at least search, cart view. in general terms how would i accomplish this?

- client currently has limited access to their existing site/domain which will not allow testing. i would prefer to test on a live server than local - but the test server will have a different domain. any way to accomplish testing on a secondary live server?

- what is a typical response time for tech support issues?

thank you, chas
    Last edited by chas5427; 01-17-2011 at 09:59 AM.

- i would like to use a custom home page layout as the entry to sun shop. within the custom page i would still like to include at least search, cart view. in general terms how would i accomplish this?

Adding a search would be very easy. It would just be a matter of copying the code for the search and placing it custom front page. Adding a view of the cart however will be a bit more complex. If your front page is a .php file you could actually just include the global.php and set a variable to the cart display and then echo that variable to the screen.

- client currently has limited access to their existing site/domain which will not allow testing. i would prefer to test on a live server than local - but the test server will have a different domain. any way to accomplish testing on a secondary live server?

If you need to test you are welcome to do it anywhere you would like. Generally you could simply modify your hosts file to point the domain to the temporary or test IP while you need to test. There is a article on how to accomplish this in the knowledgebase.

- what is a typical response time for tech support issues?

Usually a few hours during business hours and about 24 hours or less on weekend and holidays.
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898