Thread: PCI Compliancy

PCI Compliancy

I plan on using credit card payments with Mastercard, visa and American Express. I will be using VirtualMerchant and my own merchant account. I will have an EV SSL certificate. I will be hosting on Network Solutions.

1) Is the Sunshop out of the box PCI compliant with regard to just the shopping cart?
    2) My plan is to not store any credit card information locally on the cart side. Can SunShop do this and still use my gateway? In other words, does Sunshop have to collect the information, store it locally(Where there is a record) and then transmit it? X-Cart has x-payment that ensures credit card information is never stored on the cart side; Does Sunshop do this also? My understanding is that PCI compliancy is much easier if no credit card information is ever recorded or reaches the cart side.
    3) Are there tools I can (free or purchase) get to verify that my Sunshop cart on the platform where it is hosted is PCI compliant?

Thanks for your help.

kguy

Kevin:

1) Is the Sunshop out of the box PCI compliant with regard to just the shopping cart?

Yes it is PCI compliant out of the box. Please see the following URL. http://www.turnkeywebtools.com/sunsh...ompliance.html

2) My plan is to not store any credit card information locally on the cart side. Can SunShop do this and still use my gateway? In other words, does Sunshop have to collect the information, store it locally(Where there is a record) and then transmit it? X-Cart has x-payment that ensures credit card information is never stored on the cart side; Does Sunshop do this also? My understanding is that PCI compliancy is much easier if no credit card information is ever recorded or reaches the cart side.

No, SunShop does not need to store credit card details in order o process cards. Additionally you do not need any additional modules or addons for that as it is the functionality out of the box

3) Are there tools I can (free or purchase) get to verify that my Sunshop cart on the platform where it is hosted is PCI compliant?

You simply need a monthly scanning to ensure you remain compliant. You can use any service you wish and their are many available only. Just do a search for monthly PCI scan.

Important: Please note that network solutions is not a supported host for SunShop. In fact it is one of the 2 that we currently do not recommend. Please see: http://forum.turnkeywebtools.com/sho...ecommendations
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898