4.5.0 PayPal Standard Problem?

I ran the upgrade yesterday. All seemed to go well. I really liked the new PayPal standard checkout taking the customer to PayPal instead of there being an extra step involved. We probably lost 200 orders in the past 4 months that just could not figure out how to pay, or did not respond to payment reminders, so THANK YOU.

After the upgrade, we got two orders last night. SunShop did not send us a new order e mail as in the past. I saw two PayPal payment e mails. In the past the payment e mails just had the store order number, and the amount. Now the PayPal notification e mails list all of the items ordered, but no store order number. The customers were NOT charged for shipping. This generated a Payment Status Error in SunShop, with an automatic order note from PayPal stating: PayPal Error: Transaction amount or currency did not match. Please contact the store.

So for now I turned the store off.

One customer applied Rewards Points he had, so that worked fine. Sales Tax was applied where it should have been (including tax on shipping). It is just not charging shipping and no new order notification e mails.

I usually wait until our off season before upgrading to avoid any problems, but I was so excited about the new PayPal Standard checkout I could not wait.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Chuck

We are looking into this. We have not been able to reproduce it on our end as shipping is being passed to PayPal. We will investigate further.
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898

Thanks Chris. This is odd. I turned the store off yesterday. It is still off. I come in this morning and I have an e mail notification of a new order? Same format as before the upgrade. I have a PayPal payment notification e mail, same format as before the upgrade (does not list the items purchased) just the store order#. The amount is correct, including shipping. When I go to my store I see the closed notice. I can't add items to my cart. Maybe it is allowing a logged in user to order?

~Chuck

I did a little more digging. The order was not placed today while the store was closed. It was placed last week, and was awaiting payment. When the customer paid today, I got a notification e mail as if a new order was placed, and a PayPal payment e mail that looked like the old ones. So that clears that up somewhat. Though I am not sure why I got the notification e mail for a new order when payment was made for an old order.

After the upgrade on Saturday, I got the two order payment notifications from PayPal for two new orders. They were not charged shipping. There was also more orders placed that are showing as awaiting payment in the Admin area, but I did not get a new order e mail notification for them either. So all orders placed after the upgrade did not generate a new order e mail. I am leery on sending payment reminders for those awaiting payment because I do not know if they are going to be charged shipping or not.

~Chuck

Since my store has been down 24 hours now, with no fix suggested, I had to try something. I noticed the date changed on the PayPal IPN .php files. I downloaded them, uploaded them, uninstalled PayPal Standard, re-installed it, and turned the store back on. The first order came in, and again, same thing, no shipping and a PayPal error order note added. I also got no e mail notification of the new order.

Can I just go back to 4.4.3 with no ill effects? I can't keep shipping for free!

~Chuck

We have not upgraded, but in the last two days have had customers complain about the PayPal process. They either are being re-directed back to PayPal, or we are receiving orders without a shipping method chosen.

I'm wondering if PayPal has changed something on their end? It seems to be an intermittent problem, as we have had 21 orders paid by PayPal, and only two customers complained about the re-direct problem (they ended up paying with credit card), and we have had none of those complaints since. Only one order had the shipping missing, and that order was placed yesterday, with new orders so far being correct.
    Last edited by ccartwright; 03-03-2016 at 10:09 AM.

I'm also experiencing this issue with 4.5.0.

Any word on when a fix will be available?

It has actually been available since last month.

Re download 4.5.0 and replace the paypal_standard.php method module.
    Chris Talavera
    Turnkey Web Tools, Inc.
    chris{at}twt-inc.com
    1-800-673-4898

Quote Originally Posted by TWT-Chris View Post
    It has actually been available since last month.

Re download 4.5.0 and replace the paypal_standard.php method module.
    I'm having the same issue with an upgrade performed by TWT back on 4/14. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin multiple times. Seems to be an issue only when ordering multiple items with weights listed. There may be some other factors, but that's the most glaring that I could find. The problem appears to be when the user checks out using PayPal, PayPal presents it's Estimate Shipping and Taxes. Then after the user logs in to PayPal, it automatically changes shipping and handling charge. Again, multiple items in order. I have a ticket open on the issue (#890338)